When Red goes on the hunt for a legendary treasure, he draws the attention of Abraham Stern, a cunning manipulator who has devoted his life - and the lives of many innocents - to recovering the fortune that is his birthright. Meanwhile, Liz's quest sends her down a dark path, leading her to study the methods of one of the Blacklist's most dangerous criminals.
Number on The BlacklistEdit
- The episode was a reference to Abraham Lincoln and the 1943 steel cent. Abraham Lincoln is on the United States penny.
- Elizabeth Keen
- Why did Keen not wear gloves when using the evidence room keypad?
- Why did Keen not bury Robert Navarro’s body?
- A: She didn't want any chance of it being found.
- Why did Keen not go to Red for help with Robert Navarro?
- What did Keen do with the broken glass and wood?
- Why did Keen open the false eye with dirty gloves?
- Why did Keen place the bloody rag/towel in the sink drain?
- Why did Keen not leave Robert Navarro’s body in the apartment? It could be blamed on another criminal.
- A: She knew the detective would suspect her as she was looking into Tom's murder and Navarro was a suspect.
- What would Keen have done if Robert Navarro’s apartment lacked the needed cleaning supplies?
- Raymond Reddington
- Red’s refusal to learn about modern technology can prove a liability.
- How can Red spend the banknotes? Since the denomination is 100,000 dollars, that limits where he can use them.
- How many of the 100,000 dollar banknotes did Red steal?
- Was Red serious about buying the castle in Trieste?
- Why did Red trade the penny for Winston Churchill’s hat?
- How did Red contact Stern?
- Red’s plan for the vacuum relied on a razor thin margin of success for the timing.
- What would Red have done if Stern had not double-crossed him?
- Why did Red need all his cash reserves to convince the Denver Mint that the delivery was real?
- Abraham J. Stern
- Why did Stern kill the Frank Dobbs? He trusted the Fine Time Dry Cleaning & Laundry Service truck owner to stay silent.
- Will Stern implicate Red in the robbery of the Denver Mint?
- Stern’s plan for the closed-circuit television relied on a razor thin margin of success for the timing.
- How did Stern plan to escape? The treasury workers could have identified him and Stern still needed to escape the nation-state.
- Why was Stern obsessed with the treasure? He was not living a precarious existence and/or at the risk of poverty.
- Why did Stern need the Fine Time Dry Cleaning & Laundry Service truck? Why not steal a truck?
- How did Stern know where to ambush Red?
- Why did the antiques dealer tell Stern about Red?
- A: Since Stern ended up murdering him, he threatened his life.
- How did Stern plan to steal the penny from the Gabor Museum if the police had not arrived?
- Stern’s comment about the “falling apple and the tree” applies to Red and Liz.
- Abraham J. Stern’s father
- How did Stern’s father expect Abraham to retrieve the 100,000 dollar banknotes from the Denver mint?
- Why was Stern’s father unable to remove the 100,000 dollar banknotes from the Denver Mint?
- Why did Stern’s father continue to steal the 100,000 dollar banknotes after he learned that he could not remove them from the Denver Mint?
- Why did Stern’s father not inform Abraham of the coin map in his will or have the executor deliver the coins and the letter at the same time?
- Harold Cooper
- Cooper’s decision to send Samar Navabi and Donald Ressler to the Denver Mint is unusual due to the travel time.
- Why was Cooper unable to override the Metropolitan Police Department of the District of Columbia? He could have stated that the penny was part of a federal investigation.
- Why did Cooper give the penny to Red?
- How did Cooper recover the pennies?
- How did Cooper know which penny belonged to which owner?
- Dembe Zuma
- Why did Dembe not see the Fine Time Dry Cleaning & Laundry Service truck ambush?
- Norman Singleton
- Did Singleton tell Keen about the bloody rag/towel to provoke a reaction?
- How did Singleton know that Robert Navarro’s apartment was too clean?
- How would linking Keen to Robert Navarro’s apartment have helped? Keen removed the body.
- Will Singleton learn anything from the phone Liz gave him?
- When did the police learn that the penny and bloody rag/towel had been stolen? Since the evidence was for separate cases, they had no reason to search the entire evidence room.
- Singleton resembles the storyline of Martin Wilcox.
- United States Department of the Treasury
- Where did the 100,000 dollar banknotes Red used as an example in his briefing come from?
- Why did the electricity still work in an abandoned section of the mint?
- Why did the vault door close?
- Why did the Department of the Treasury deny that the 100,000 dollar banknotes had been printed?
- Even if the Department of the Treasury denies the existence of the 100,000 dollar banknotes, they have a stronger incentive to find the banknotes Red stole.
Slanders on the FBI, MPDC, United States TreasuryEdit
- Why did the Metropolitan Police Department of the District of Columbia investigation team not check the sink drain before turning on the disposal?
- Why did the Department of the Treasury fail to search the boiler room before the renovations?
- James Spader as Raymond Reddington
- Megan Boone as Elizabeth Keen
- Diego Klattenhoff as Donald Ressler
- Amir Arison as Aram Mojtabai
- Mozhan Marnò as Samar Navabi
- Hisham Tawfiq as Dembe Zuma
- Harry Lennix as Harold Cooper
- Nathan Lane as Abraham J. Stern
- Clark Middleton as Glen Carter
- Aida Turturro as Heddie Hawkins
- Evan Parke as Detective Norman Singleton
- Michael Mastro as Frank Dobbs
- Happy Anderson as Bobby Navarro
- Adam Grupper as Patrick Church
- Matthew Lawler as The Professor
- Jeff Mantel as Longbeard
- Emma Thorne as Assistant
- Jamie Rezanour as Officer #1
- John Bermudez as Officer #2
- Guiesseppe Jones as Super
- Emmy Harrington as Curator
- Ron Scott as Evidence Clerk
- Edgar Fox as Guard (Denver Mint)
- Timothy Doyle as The Collector
- Marlon Perrier as Mingling Officer
- Will Burton as Tour Guide
- Jonathan Holtzman as Chuck
- Genson Blimline as Morgan
- Amber Owens as Nurse
|Season 5 Episodes|
|· Smokey Putnum · Greyson Blaise · Miss Rebecca Thrall · The Endling · Ilyas Surkov · The Travel Agency · The Kilgannon Corporation · Ian Garvey · Ruin · The Informant · Abraham Stern · The Cook · The Invisible Hand · Mr. Raleigh Sinclair III · Pattie Sue Edwards · The Capricorn Killer · Anna-Gracia Duerte · Zarak Mosadek · Ian Garvey: Conclusion · Nicholas T. Moore · Lawrence Dane Devlin · Sutton Ross ·|