Arsons are being committed by the Cook. Red recommends convicted arsonist, Earl Fagan, to assist in return, the team must help him with parole.
In the meantime, Liz goes to Red for help on the glass eye. Red gives her a terrarium of Japanese Joro spiders to drop off at Mariko Ito's office as a gift.
As Liz works with Red to hunt for Tom's killers, she begins to question his motives. Meanwhile, the Task Force enlists the help of one arsonist to catch another.
Number on The BlacklistEdit
- This episode was a reference to the Hannibal Lecter franchise.
- Elizabeth Keen
- Liz is applying a double standard to her actions and Red’s actions.
- Why is Keen afraid of spiders?
- How did Liz know that the apartment was a “stage”?
- A: Liz knew that the house was a “stage” due to the price tags on the furniture and the picture frames mounted with the original inserts left inside them.
- Raymond Reddington
- Red’s refusal to learn about modern technology can prove a liability in the future.
- Why did Red not know about the number 4 and tetraphobia in Asian cultures?
- A: Red knows arbitrary things and ignores modern popular culture. Red could not identify Chewbacca or Yoda from the "Star Wars" universe.
- A: Red could have thought that Ito did not believe in the superstition as it varies by region.
- A: Mariko Ito's tiger mother attitude is not normal Japanese behavior. Japanese women are much more subdued and usually show guests more respect. The tiger mother culture comes from China where women are much more outspoken and commanding.
- How long has Red known Mariko Ito and Tadashi Ito?
- Where did Red previously encounter Earl Fagen?
- Why does Red need Earl Fagen’s expertise with arson?
- A: Fagen's expertise in arson was needed to help the FBI identify Thomas Waddles and stop him.
- Q: Red told Fagen that he needed him after he had been released from prison.
- What does Red want analyzed?
- A: The custom computer system installed in the house.
- Why is the skeleton so important?
- Samar Navabi
- Why was Samar concerned about the fact that crime pays? She was sent by Red to the FBI.
- Donald Ressler
- Ressler’s testimony before the parole board shows that he is seeking redemption for his actions.
- Why was Ressler shocked that a priest was the Blacklister?
Slanders on the FBIEdit
- James Spader as Raymond Reddington
- Megan Boone as Elizabeth Keen
- Diego Klattenhoff as Donald Ressler
- Amir Arison as Aram Mojtabai
- Mozhan Marnò as Samar Navabi
- Hisham Tawfiq as Dembe Zuma
- Harry Lennix as Harold Cooper
- C. Thomas Howell as Earl Fagen
- Jonny Coyne as Ian Garvey
- Michael Rogers as Thomas Owen Wattles
- Alex Shimizu as Tadashi Ito
- Jenna Williams as Claire Homan
- Rocco Sisto as Father Runa
- Steffanie Leigh as Corrine Egan
- Benim Foster as Professor Ellroy Sands
- Anzu Lawson as Mariko Ito
- David Hywel Baynes as Paris Genet
- Jorge Luna as Bartender
- Jade Elysan as Masseuse
- Precious Cruz-Dyson as Parole Board Member
- Katherine Kell/Emily Kell as Agnes Keen
- Michael DeMello as Garvey Merc #1
- Richard Tovish as Garvey Merc #2
|Season 5 Episodes|
|· Smokey Putnum · Greyson Blaise · Miss Rebecca Thrall · The Endling · Ilyas Surkov · The Travel Agency · The Kilgannon Corporation · Ian Garvey · Ruin · The Informant · Abraham Stern · The Cook · The Invisible Hand · Mr. Raleigh Sinclair III · Pattie Sue Edwards · The Capricorn Killer · Anna-Gracia Duerte · Zarak Mosadek · Ian Garvey: Conclusion · Nicholas T. Moore · Lawrence Dane Devlin · Sutton Ross ·|